About the job
Frauenthal Gnotec Inc. is the first location in North America of Gnotec Group. The inauguration took place in September 2019 (https://www.gnotec.com/workplace/usa/).
We supply the global automotive industry with world class stamping, welding and assembly of metal components. Our operations in China, Sweden, Slovakia and USA have more than 800 employees. The company was founded in 1947.
Frauenthal Gnotec Inc. is currently seeking for a Maintenance and Production Technician. This position will, through excellent job performance, contribute to the company’s objectives regarding safety, quality, productivity, delivery, performance and environment.
Areas of responsibility
This position involves overall responsibility for the welding process and keeping up production and plant equipment. Maintenance & Production technician must design and execute tasks within the maintenance and production department in a productive and efficient manner based on current objectives, strategies, and other guidelines.
- Follow planned work in Welding machine cell according ERP system.
- Operate the machine at safe state according to instruction.
- Setting of machine.
- Preparation of setting the machine.
- Preventive maintenance of machine according to instruction.
- Machine loading and off-loading of articles.
- Maintaining robotic weld quality and efficiency.
- Cleaning of articles after welding according to instruction.
- Article quality inspection according to instruction.
- Data transfer in to ERP system.
- Operate the machine at an OEE above 70%.
- Log process disturbances in ERP system.
- Use checking fixture, gauges, thread checking tool, etc. carefully.
- Keep 5S and Lean production.
- Make service and repair recommendations in accordance with company’s Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Perform general cleaning tasks and assist with the upkeep of the facility.
- Conduct routine inspections to ensure proper operation and safety compliance of mechanical and facility systems.
- Ensure all machines and facility systems function properly through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance service.
- Assist Maintenance Manager and other departments on special projects.
- Other duties assigned.
- Associates Degree.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction.
- Knowledge of proper use of hand and power tools.
- Efficient time-management skills and able to prioritize tasks.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical techniques.
- Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and maneuver objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- At least 1- year machine operator experience.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Ability to multi task.
- Positive attitude while having fun working hard.
- Loyal and reliable.
- Efficient and able to handle stress.
- Able to work well within a team.
Apply now, we are looking forward to your application! The process onwards may contain tasks to complete, interviews, reference and background checks and psychometric tests. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. What unites us is our common ambition to make Frauenthal Gnotec Inc an outstanding company, to work for and to do business with.
Frauenthal Gnotec – a world class supplier
Frauenthal Gnotec Group is a fast-growing manufacturer of metal components to the global Automotive industry. Our customers are dynamic and quickly transforming. That requires nothing short of World Class in the way we collaborate, think and perform.
About Frauenthal Gnotec Group
Frauenthal Gnotec Group is a leading manufacturer of metal components and products to the global Automotive and Commercial Vehicle industry. Our operations in China, Czechia, Germany, Slovakia, Sweden and US has more than 1300 employees and offers state of the art technology in Automatic pressing, Welding and Assembly . We offer processes and solutions for different materials, thicknesses, complexities and applications. High automation together with lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement and Zero Defect Principle are our DNA at each plant, performed by highly skilled employees.
Read more about who we are and our values at gnotec.com