Frauenthal Gnotec is a leading international manufacturer of metal components to the automotive and commercial vehicle industry. With a rich history dating back to 1947 in Sweden, we have established ourselves as pioneers in the field. The first automotive components we produced were locking details for Volvo Cars PV and the Volvo Amazon. Today, we have expanded our manufacturing and R&D operations to every part of the world, including Asia, Europe, and the US, to support our corporate strategy of being more “local” to our customers. We are constantly growing!
With over 70 years of experience and innovative solutions we offer state-of-the-art technology in automatic pressing, laser cutting, press bending, welding, other metal processes as well as assembly. High Automation, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, and the Zero-Defect Principle are ingrained in our DNA at each plant. Our highly skilled employees perform all these tasks.
Frauenthal Gnotec Group had a turnover of 170 MEUR in 2022 and employs roughly 800 persons. The Group has 4 production sites in Sweden, Slovakia, China, and US. Sweden is the largest plant with a turnover of 100 MEUR and have 330 employees. Business in the US is about to ramp up in 2024 and are currently only 6 people. Production is in place but with small volumes so far.
The Group headquarters is in Lindholmen, Gothenburg but there are also small office sites in Halmstad and Gislaved. Gnotec HQ employs 17 people.
Why should you work with us?
Frauenthal Gnotec has a great environment to work in with happy hard-working people who express good work ethic in everything they do. The Frauenthal Gnotec culture is open, honest, and challenging, with a strong drive forward and great customer focus which provides development opportunities for many.
Frauenthal Gnotec is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We highly value our employees and strive to maintain an open and collaborative work environment. We encourage an innovative approach to permeate our daily work, as we believe that your ideas matter and that together, we can come up with the best solutions.
Generating Sustainable Value and Growth.
Frauenthal Gnotec and its people are proud of developing and supplying premium products to the Global Automotive and Commercial Vehicle Industry and by that generating increasing value for all stakeholders and a successful sustainable business.
Company’s core values:
The global Automotive industry is dynamic and quickly transforming. That requires nothing short of World Class in the way we collaborate, think, and perform.
Trust - We believe that through respect, reliability, and fairness, and by being open, we can establish strong relationships with our customers, business partners, colleagues, and society.
Smart Thinking – We challenge ourselves every day to improve our operations. We always aim to find smarter, faster, and better solutions to meet our customers’ needs. It is this drive that fuels our growth.
Team Works. – We recognize that we are a team, and together, we achieve the best results. When we take ownership of our individual and team performance, we become unstoppable. We support each other and we add value together.
General Manager – Mandy Shen (Plant Level)
Marketing and Sales Director – Fredrik Wadenby (Global Level)
The Sales Manager should through professional marketing and sales create satisfied customers, increased growth and profitability for the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Market the company capabilities and strengths to existing and new customers.
- Prepare, keep updated and follow sales plans for USA to support Group growth and profitability targets.
- Acquire RFQ’s and in cooperation with the global sales and engineering teams calculate, quote, negotiate and secure award on new profitable business.
- Be the main contact and the face to the customer.
- Develop and maintain good and close relationships. Secure a strong position with key customers.
- Know the customer and the business. Follow volume development, short- and long-term. Acquire knowledge on running and future programs.
- Keep the customers, our organisation and other stakeholders updated on important key topics/events.
- Map the competitors.
- Support the overall development of the US operations as a key member of the local management team.
- Monitor continuously the profitability of the business. Follow-up calculated vs. actual. In close cooperation with operations, initiate and participate in actions to improve and align.
- Review prices and contracts. Negotiate best possible commercial agreement and business terms. Defend the profitability of the business.
- Support the rest of the organization and involve customer purchasing when escalation is needed.
- Follow our performance in quality, delivery, cost, and projects. Step in and support other functions and the customer when business critical.
- Initiate and run continuous improvement of processes and procedures within the sales function.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location and Travel:
The home base of this opportunity is in Fountain Inn SC, US. This position allows a remote workplace if the candidate is located on the following states: Georgia, Florida, South Caolina, North Carolina, and Virginia. It will also require travel approximately 50% of the time.
- 5+ years sales experience in the automotive and commercial truck sectors as Tier 1 supplier, with a specialization in metal forming and welding. Knowledge of air reservoirs for the heavy-duty truck and trailer markets is preferred but not required.
- Efficient knowledge and experience about project cost calculation and controlling.
- Profound knowledge of metal forming and welding
- Sufficient knowledge about APQP, PPAP, ITAF16969
- Capable of working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills, global program work experience as a plus
- Excellent in English writing and communication
- Strong knowledge of MS office tools
- Decision-making authority, good organizational skills, self-initiative, negotiating skills, high flexibility, and readiness to travel.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field of study, MBA preferred.