About the job
Frauenthal Gnotec Inc. is the first location in North America of Gnotec Group. The inauguration took place in September 2019 (https://www.gnotec.com/workplace/usa/).
We supply the global automotive industry with world class stamping, welding and assembly of metal components. Our operations in China, Sweden, Slovakia and USA have more than 800 employees. The company was founded in 1947.
Frauenthal Gnotec Inc. is currently seeking for a CMM Technician. This position will, through excellent job performance, contribute to the company’s objectives regarding safety, quality, productivity, delivery, performance, and environment.
Areas of responsibility
CMM technician operates coordinate measuring machine (CMM), which is used in factory production to take precise measurements for welders and other mechanics. Job involves interactions with Drawing, Schematics and General Understanding on GD&T.
Operating a CMM machine requires excellent spatial reasoning to ensure safety and measurement accuracy.
- Operate Safely Coordinate Measurement Machine.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly Preventive Maintenance to CMM equipment.
- Generate and make interpretation on reports.
- Collaborate with Production, Maintenance & Project departments for Dimensional Evaluations.
- Time management for Production and Projects.
- Interpret Drawing and correct GD&T Standards application to the measuring programs.
- Application of Intent of Design for Stamping parts into measurement results.
- Perform Tool Calibrations (Not-CMM) according to ASME B89 standards.
- Associate degree.
- Ability to read and comprehend instruction.
- Basic knowledge of mechanical techniques.
- Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and maneuver objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- At least 1- year machine operator experiences preferred.
- PC-DMIS programming experience
- Calypso or PolyWorks programming experience.
- Formal GD&T Training.
- Automotive and/or Stamping Manufacturing experience.
- Calibration Lab work experience.
- Quality and detail oriented.
- Ability to multitask.
- Positive attitude while having fun working hard.
- Loyal and reliable
- Efficient and able to handle stress.
- Able to work well within a team.
Apply now, we are looking forward to your application! The process onwards may contain tasks to complete, interviews, reference and background checks and psychometric tests. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds. What unites us is our common ambition to make Frauenthal Gnotec an outstanding company, to work for and to do business with.
Frauenthal Gnotec – a world class supplier
About Frauenthal Gnotec Group
Frauenthal Gnotec Group is a leading manufacturer of metal components and products to the global Automotive and Commercial Vehicle industry. Our operations in China, Czechia, Germany, Slovakia, Sweden and US has more than 1300 employees and offers state of the art technology in Automatic pressing, Welding and Assembly . We offer processes and solutions for different materials, thicknesses, complexities and applications. High automation together with lean manufacturing, Continuous improvement and Zero Defect Principle are our DNA at each plant, performed by highly skilled employees.
Read more about who we are and our values at gnotec.com